I got a couple of hours to work on the motor yesterday, but didn’t get nearly as much done as I would have liked. I got the block cleaned back up, checked the crank clearance with the new coated bearings, installed the crank, cleaned the rods, and put the spiral locks in one side of each piston.
Checking the main bearings was time consuming, but worth it to make sure. I was aiming for a little loser than stock setup, which I accomplished on mains one, two, four , and five which all came out looking like .002 for cold clearance between the crank and bearings. Number three, however, is a little tighter the plastigage looking like .0015. The thrust clearance on the crank came out to .0025 which should be ok. When the motor warms up the aluminum should expand to open up a little more clearance for the mains.
This next week I hope to gap the rings so they can be ready to go in the motor. Here are some pictures of the block and the crank install.